weekly notes: january 28, 2011
before you read on, i just want to reiterate that i won’t be posting up a new show this coming week. so that leaves you with three options:
a.) listen to an older episode! there all up at mixcloud.com/babarm87.
b.) listen to one of our super old band interviews from back when we were on the radio.
c.) listen to the outpost with bryan. i don’t know who he is, but he seems like a nice bloke and he has really cool playlists.
- before you waste your time with the notes below, do nothing for two minutes.
- ya, i’d probably trade a year of my life for some oreo stuffed choclate chip cookies. seems worth it.
- botanical paperworks. paper you can plant.
check this out:
- herman melville has 25 words for beard. i’ll add a 26th: god’s pubes.
- world population by gender. i.e. fuck qatar and the united arab emirates.
- ever wonder how the seahorse got its shape? nope. but this is still pretty awesome.
- the united states of shame, the united states of awesome, and the united states of beer
- 10 new experimental albums you need to hear
- 7 myths about the challenger shuttle disaster and the challenger disaster: remembered
look at this:
- this is a nature blog. really, that’s what it is. and it’s awesome.
- 17 images that will ruin your childhood. i wouldn’t go that far, but they can be a bit jarring.
- 175 photos of day taken at night.
- cosmic communist constructions
- jonathan andrew’s deserted wwii bunkers
- 6 pieces of music that mean the opposite of what you think
- 11 secrets for winning at rock paper scissors. oprah should marketed this instead of that ‘the secret’ garbage.
- 11 foods and drinks banned in the united states
- 11 amazing antiquated sexual terms that need to be brought back
listen to this:
- bye horus – cherbourg
- oneohtrix point never – returnal
- okamotonoriaki – home
- a beatboxed history of hip hop
- sampled room
- glove, actually – an ode to cinema’s greatest slaps
- the thomas beale cipher
- “premakes” forest gump (1949)