weekly notes: december 3, 2010
check this out:
- google has outdone themselves. again. this time with google beatboxing. click listen. if you want to make your own beats with google translate, here’s a tutorial.
- subzin, the ultimate movie quote generator. enough’s enough, curly. you can’t eat the venetian blinds, i just got them.
- culturally untranslatable phrases. oh brother, i can come up with so many armenian phrases that make for hardy laughs in english.
- for film douches, a tumblr of fake criterions.
look at this:
- the presidency of jfk and on a related note, a potential conspiracy.
- rio de janeiro’s drug war.
- 100 best movie spaceships. personal favorites would have to be 5, 6, and 23.
- the lottery of life. just makes you want to listen to this.
- i wish we had a library that looked like this. fucking dutch people and your 2010 Lensvelt de Architect Interieur Prize winning architecture.
- and finally, jewbacca
- humans can only walk in circles. i’m living proof. the other day, i was driving with no map or gps or phone in a neighborhood with which i was completely unfamiliar and i ended up making a huge u-turn without realizing. i luckily stumbled across a freeway i was familiar with before i could end up in the ghetto.
- 7 batshit crazy modern dictators.
- 6 animals that just don’t give a fuck.
- 7 things good parents do that screw up kids for life.
listen to this:
- hood – they removed all trace that anything had ever happened here
- vessels – meatman, piano tuner, prostitute
- daniel bjarnason – processions: part iii (red handed)
- joy wants eternity – above the clouds lies eternal sun
- have a nice life – earthmover
- this week in random celebrity montages – we are the world and let it be
- christopher nolan’s “blue’s clues”