Weekly Notes: July 15, 2011
Check This Out:
- The Sunscreen Smokescreen – as a member of the pale race, I find this quite useful.
- When does crime happen? – Indianapolis, I don’t understand you.
- The Changing Face of Aids
- The United States of Netflix Local Favorites – Thank baby Jesus I don’t live in the south.
- Fascinating Heat Maps of Flickr Uploads and Twitter Tweets
Look at This:
- 32 Insane Movie Ideas Built Out of Existing Movie Titles – I would watch every single one of these movies. Every single one.
- Top 20 Fruits You probably Don’t Know – Quite frankly, most of these look disgusting. I hope that doesn’t make me a fruitnazi.
- Looking into the Past, and on a related note, historypin is pretty amazing.
- I like westerns, so here is an accidental western scene.
- Father and Son at the First and Final Shuttle Launch – RIP space travel.
- 6 Mind-Blowing Discoveries Made Using Google Earth
- 6 Lies About the Human Body You Learned in Kindergarten
- The Lost Projects And Unproduced Screenplays Of Terrence Malick – a massive read, and honestly, don’t bother unless you’re a crazy Malick fan.
- Bad Decisions – I have not watched a single episode of The Sopranos, but I will agree with Mr. Klosterman here that three of the four best tv dramas of the past decade are in fact The Wire, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad. This is final. All other opinions will not be heard. Thank you.
- Atheist Wins Right to Wear “Religious Pasta Strainer” in ID Photo – God bless America.
Listen to This:
- Supercuts: Sean Bean Death Reel and The Greatest Movie Bank Robbery Ever
- 2D Photography Rube Goldberg (some people have way too much time on their hands. they should do something productive instead, like cataloging a bunch of random links from the internets so that a bunch of random people from around the world can spend 20 unproductive minutes checking out those links.)
- Saint Crispin’s Workshop (i’m not going to beat around the bush here, a finely crafted shoe gives me major wood)