Weekly Notes: May 27, 2011
- I wish I was still in school so I could buy this Ostrich nap pillow.
Check This Out:
- See just who controls Washington, and what they paid for the privilege
- Vinyl’s Big Comeback
- Better Life Index, i.e. yet more reason to move to Norway.
- Exit Plan: Where do exiled leaders flee?
Look at This:
- Holy fuck nature: Severe weather in the central US, Deadly tornadoes strike, the Before and After in Joplin MO, and imagine for a second that you were this curb. holy. fuck. shits.
- Not to be outdone, Grimsvotn, the grim volcano. Sorry, I had to.
- 10 Things You Ought to Know
- 9 Words You’ve Used Today With Bizarre Criminal Origins
- The 7 Most Terrifyingly Huge Things in the History of Nature
- 6 Civil War Myths Everyone Believes (That Are Total B.S.)
Listen to This:
- The Radio Dept. – David
- Benoit Pioulard – Shouting Distance
- People for Audio – Black Memory
- Antony + Bryce Dessner – I Was Young When I Left Home
- The history of the crossover
- Charlie Chaplin vs. Inception (not quite as good as the Chaplin vs. M83 we posted before)
- How Scotland Joined Great Britain
- Jellyfish Lake, Palau