Weekly Notes: May 13, 2011
Check This Out:
- Snake Oil? Scientific evidence (or lack thereof) for popular health supplements. As Rich Boy would say, throw some D’s on that bitch.
- Food for Thought – Number of animals killed for food worldwide in 2009. Pretty stunning numbers.
- Pair the above with the fact that the average person in North America throws away 660 lbs (300kg) a food a year, and you end up feeling like shit.
- Sitting is Killing You. As HAL would say, I can feel it.
- In case of forever alone: google road trip.
Look at This:
- Put on some harrowing music (Deaf Center maybe) and look at these photos of when we tested nuclear bombs.
- 25 abandoned Yugoslavian monuments that look like they’re from the future.
- 40 things that will make you feel old and conversely 25 celebrities who are older than you thought.
- Civl War facial hair. Need I say more?
- 10 famous unsolved mysteries easily explained by science
- the 8 most disgusting animal defenses
- If you have a lot of time on your hands, here are nearly 100 fantastic pieces of journalism.
Listen to This:
- Deaf Center – Closer Forever Watching
- Field Rotation – Acoustic Tale 1
- Glass America – A Voice From Behind
- I new this existed but never paid attention to it until now: Movies on Youtube. You can stream His Girl Friday or Battleship Potempkin for free. That’s awesome
- Honoring Cinema’s Finest Sandwiches
- Time lapse: summer vs. winter in Finland