Weekly Notes: March 25, 2011
- I want this Cat-Library. Now is probably an appropriate time to say that I do not have a cat.
- I want this Guiness Chocolate Cheesecake. Now is probably an appropriate time to say I recently fractured a bone in my foot after drinking too much Guiness.
Check This Out:
- Mapping America, the distribution of racial and ethnic groups in every block in the US. Pretty amazing.
- Radiation Dose Chart, i.e. stop fucking freaking out. And on a related note, do you know which energy source has the highest death rate per watts produced. Spoiler, it’s not nuclear.
- What is your water footprint? My one cup of coffee requires 120 liters of water to make. I drink three cups a day. This is depressing. Oh, and here is one sea turtle’s worth of plastic. Gutwrenching. Yes, pun intended. And on a related note: Midway.
- Grand Young Party, how the politicians of tomorrow will think.
- The Secret Messages in 12 Logos, i.e. holy shit Tostitos!
Look at This:
- 40 Examples of Minimalist Photography
- 50 Beautiful Pictures of Last Weekend’s Supermoon
- 50 Unexplainable Black & White Photos, more like Black & WTF
- Iran Before the Chador. Oh Mahmoud, what have ye done.
- If Movie Posters Were Honest
- Ernest Hemingway, Yelper
- 10 Animals You Won’t Believe are Closely Related
- 5 Bizarre Brain Hacks that Make You Better at Sports
Listen to This:
- King Creosote & Jon Hopkins – Bubble
- bvdub – Make the Pain Go Away
- Explosions in the Sky – Last Known Surroundings
- Nest – Charlotte
- Woody Allen vs. Kangaroo, need I say more? This would go swimmingly today.
- My Favorite Color