Weekly Notes: March 18, 2011
Check This Out:
- World Penis Size Map. Apparently Americans have below average dongs. I feel much better than now.
- The Timber Trade. No pun intended.
- A Century of Meat Consumption. Ughh… ya, nothing to add here.
- Of Cupcakes and Gang Violence. All gangsters have a soft side.
- Beard Madness. I’ve got my money on Raffi.
Look at This:
- Roundup of all things Japan-earthquake-related: Before and After, Massive Earthquake Hits Japan, Vast Devastation, Aftermath, Continuing Crisis.
- Infrastructure: The Underpinnings that Make Civilization Civilized
- 18 old-timey photos you won’t believe are not photoshopped.
Weak week for reading.
- 8 actors who look exactly the same on every movie poster
- A Talent of Sloth. I didn’t read this. But I plan to read a two paragraphs and then quitting.
Listen to this:
- This week in Rebecca Black: Friday (it’s the day after Thursday, in case you were wondering), the fantastic faux Bob Dylan cover of Friday, the melodramatic version by some guy named Matt Mulholland, and what the hell, a screamo version. Oh, and Bob Dyaln sings Charles in Charge.
- Bersarin Quartett – Oktober
- Loscil – Resurgam
- Do Make Say Think – Chinatown
- Zoe Keating – Escape Artist
- A Brief History of Title Design