weekly notes: march 4, 2011
Play with This:
- Famous Objects from Classic Movies. Very fun with a whole lot of “oh yeah, fuck” moments.
Check This Out:
- Can we date? Seriously. If you’re a pretty lady, send me your digits. Unless you’re a pet, a ghost, somehow related to me, my playstation 2, my best friend’s ex, my cellmate, my best friend’s sibling, and/or Charlie Sheen.
- Proof that movies are getting worse. And what will the movie industry do about this? Transfmorers 4 thank you!
- The Weather Wheel. Yet another reason for living in Los Angeles.
- Light Painting Wifi Networks. Amazing things happen when nerds have too much time.
- The Seattle Band Map , basically six degrees of Kevin Bacon, but in regards to bands from Seattle. Again, this is what happens when nerds have too much time.
Look at This:
- MOVIEBARCODE. These are absolutely gorgeous. I would love to blow some of these up and put them on my wall. This coming from a person who has never put a poster on his wall in his entire life and up until seeing this was convinced that he never would.
- Here are some amusing comics: pictures for sad children, a million awesome things, and the soundtrack for living.
- Journey to the Center of the World. Terrifyingly awesome.
- 54 Cereals We Loved and Lost. I’m still reeling from the loss of Rice Krispies Treats.
- Where Children Sleep: a terribly depressing world.
- More nerds in action: Truehoop at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Convention. Basically, this event is the Coachella of statgeeks. I plan to go one day and self-combust.
- Blink and You’ll Miss It, the ten most paused moments in film.
- 10 Cultural Contributions by Hipsters. Some of these I love, some I don’t care much for.
- 11 Great Moments in Police Blotter History.
Listen to This:
- Memoryhouse – Caregiver and Heirloom
- American Football – Stay Home
- We All Inherit the Moon – We All Inherit the Moon Part I
Not a strong week for videos, but here you go anyway.
- Are You Typical?
- The Dying Swan, bringing pop-and-locking to new and disturbingly beautiful heights.
- Underwater Hockey, you read that correctly