weekly notes: february 25, 2011
Check This Out:
- Eleven charts that explain everything that’s wrong with America. Well, not including My Super Sweet 16.
- What America is the Worst At. More evidence for me to move to Norway.
- Who Are Really the World’s Worst Carbon Polluters? WTF Gibraltar. Get your shit together!
- Black History Charts. Sweet infographics dating back to 1900
- How Far Away is the Moon? I’m not going to go as far as saying that people are stupid, but people are stupid.
- Let me get this out of the way – Mad Men is the best show on TV. So here’s Everything That’s Happened on Mad Men to give you an idea of what you’ve been missing out on.
Look at This:
- Probably the best tourist photos you’ll ever see.
- Vintage Mug Shots
- Type the Sky
- These 10 Architecturally Wonderful Staircases give me a hard on.
- The Christchurch Earthquake does not.
- Ranked: Oscar Best Picture Winners from Worst to Best. And yes, Crash is listed as the worst Best Picture ever. Sanity prevails.
- 10 Days the Movies Died. Like most everything else, I blame the 70s for ruining movies. Three reasons: Jaws, Star Wars, and The Godfather. Three great movies that made sequels the standard.
- 6 Things That Annoy You Every Day (Explained by Science)
- The 6 Most Epic Escapes Across Hostile Territory
Listen to This:
Here are some tracks that missed the cut to be on our upcoming show:
- Eluvium – As I Drift Off
- Giants – Vessels
- Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC + Start – Cascades
- Sleepmakeswaves – One Day You Will Teach Me to Let Go of My Fears
- City Of Caterpillar – A Little Change Could Go A Long Ways
And finally, every US charttopper, 1956-1992.
- Murmurs Of Middle-Earth
- Gary Hecker – Veteran Foley Artist