weekly notes: february 18, 2011
play with this:
- cheese or font? well, i absolutely failed at this.
- beer marshmallows. holy.fucking.shit.
check this out:
- worldwide coffee consumption vs. worldwide alcohol consumption. if you enjoyed those two, just go to chartsbin.com to check out more visualizations.
- land of the rising son, how china’s “one child per family” law has affected it’s population growth and culture.
- where and what is the US trading. surprised to see the netherlands so high on our export list. if there are any dutch folks out there, please explain this to me.
- is your name slutty? i.e. where have all the vanessas been in my life?
look at this:
- Vivian Maier may be one of the best street photographers ever, but no one really knew her work existed until 2009.
- back to the future (unrelated to the movie) and snack to the future (also unrelated to the movie).
- google street view + street art = street art view.
- reelizer, for anyone who climaxes to movie posters.
- the day the movies died. a long read, but a really good one if you care about the state of cinema. and also if you hate ‘top gun.’
- 5 amazing things invented by donald duck
- 7 life altering decisions made for you before you were born
- do you live in a coastal area? well, sucks to be you. new maps show sea level rise submerging america’s coastal cities.
listen to this:
- ducktails – hamilton road
- tim hecker – hatred of music
- benoit pioulard + rafael anton irisarri – until then (broadcast cover)
- yaphet kotto + envy + this machine kills – untitled
- Welcome to Pine Point
- Neil Gaiman on Copyright Piracy and the Web
- The Chapel