weekly notes: january 21, 2011
- pantone chip cookies. pantone chips remind me of my childhood. don’t ask me why.
- float cappuccino cups. don’t get me wrong, that cup is cool, but i’m more interest in that cappuccino. it looks so tasty.
play with this:
- if it were my home. well, it’s settled. norway, here i come.
- knokkers. bowling meets billiards. if my foot wasn’t fucked up, i’d be playing this right now.
check this out:
- you want to know why i live in los angeles? this: boiling water + minus 30 degrees celsius + canada = instant fog. ya, it’s january and it’s 73 degrees (that’s 23 celsius for you metric people. which by the way, i am in support of.)
- starbucks introduces its largest drink: the trenta. which happens to be larger than the average human stomach. america, fuck yeah.
- beer-dispensing system will end ballpark lines. again. america, fuck yeah.
- the geography of gun deaths. turns out, if you’re from a state that voted for McCain, you are much more likely to die by gunfire. chalk me up for being in the not surprised category
- are the richest americans also the best educated? mostly, yes.
- what defines a movie genre? the genre codex helps explain.
- action movie villains from the 80s to today. a somewhat surprising demographic discovery.
- the world according to a group of americans. i must say, a very small group of americans, because there is no way in hell half of americans can get a world map at that detail. but i’m confident that i can do way better than that. america, fuck no.
- mortality statistics for every cause of death in england and wales in 2009 morbidly awesome.
look at this:
- blurry oil paintings of drunken cab rides
- in honor of the great MLK jr. , i have a dream within a dream
- a dog takes its loyalty to the grave. this is just depressing.
- new york’s forgotten island.
- five emotions created by the internet. i haven’t seen anyone tap into the psychology of an internet user better than this. great read.
- 6 most insane cities ever planned
- 5 things we do that makes hackers’ lives incredibly easy
- 6 strangest ways anyone was mistaken for god
- not-so-famous firsts of the civil rights movement
listen to this:
- the appleseed cast – on reflection
- year of no light – persophone
- jurassic park theme 1000% slower
- mashed-up mashup. girl talk mashed up with, uhh, girl talk.
- music for shuffle
- history of gaming
- LBJ buys pants
- the Nic Cage song video