weekly notes: january 14, 2011
play with this:
- z-type. it’s like asteroids meets carpal tunnel syndrome.
- magic milk straws. i approve of this.
check this out:
- the t-shirt lifecycle. so true.
- electronic music flowchart. so true. but it’s missing bleeps. you can’t have bleepy-bloops without bleeps.
- 8 great infographics. i particularly liked the first three.
- how the recession changed us.
- 15 songs you didn’t realize were covers. and for some reason that is currently beyond my comprehension, i always thought otis redding was white. how this is possible i don’t even.
look at this:
- chernobyl 25 years later
- a historic vote in sudan
- haiti, one year later
- 10 important pictures that shaped america
- the mathematics of beauty. a really cool/nerdy read.
- why chinese mothers are superior. apparently, my mother is chinese.
- white guy shooting = crazy; brown guy shooting = terrorist. word.
- a conversation with francis ford coppola. i’m not even a coppola fan, but this is a good read.
- 6 most frequently quoted bullshit statistic
listen to this:
- enrico coniglio – salicornie
- pausal – lapsing
- bachar mar-khalife – distance
- eluvium – crash deconstructed
- dustin o’hallaron – opus 54
- hauschka gets the most out of 88 keys.
- we can’t fucking walk in straight lines. why? who cares! just knowing that is pretty awesome.
- the frontier is everywhere
- croissants (basically, the most oddly captivating 10 minutes of bread baking you’ll ever see)