weekly notes: january 7, 2011
before you pour all your time down the timesink below, go to our mixcloud page and vote for us for Best Cloudcaster of 2010. you’ve already voted? do it again!
check this out:
- do you like maps? then check out this google map of mass animal deaths. or this clusterfuck map of north american dialects. maybe this shrinking map of palestine will pique your interest. or you can combine your love for maps with football/soccer and check out this football supporter map of london. finally, for our non-geographic-map-lovers, we have the the sequel map.
- 10 websites to watch out for in 2011. hipmunk looks pretty awesome.
- german artist maria fisher sewed IRL hyperlinks into a book about dreams in order to “visualize the confusion and the fragility of dreams.” double awesome.
- datavisualization.ch. i think the name of the link is pretty self-explanatory.
look at this:
- wastelands by don dubowitz and detroit in ruins. both beautiful and depressing. especially if you live in detroit. seriously, why do you live in detroit?
- can’t remember christmas or the new year because of all those vodka eggnog shots? then let photos of christmas 2010 and rolling in the new year help you remember. lucky for you, those naked pictures of you and santa (presumably your uncle) were omitted.
- hands-free sandwich holder. ahh, the golden age of sandwich technology.
- better eat those bananas… while you still can because they’re fucking going extinct!
- 5 ballsiest acts of journalism ever
- 8 terrifying animal swarms created by human stupidity
- 6 people with secret identities nobody saw coming
- 6 presidential secrets your history teacher didn’t mention
listen to this:
- Grýlukvæði by Valgeir Sigurðsson feat. Sam Amidon
- Summer: Keep Still by The Moving Dawn Orchestra
- A Rumor in Africa by Errors
- Lights Out by Scuba
- Praise Nor Infamy by 52 Commercial Road
- Black Swan in 8 Movements by Black Swan
- 10 most wonderful films of 2010
- growing is forever
- vivian maier, street photographer and nanny
- the other one hundred greatest movie insults of all time