weekly notes: december 30, 2010
play with this:
- can you spot the 50 hidden movie titles in this quiz? for those playing at home, i got a disappointing 27/50.
look at this:
- 10 examples of beautiful winter photography
- a chilly solstice. basically, more wintery pictures.
- minimalist effect in the maximilist market. minutella, mmmm.
check this out:
- are you a nerd with an hour to kill? watch the joy of stats.
- why the other line is likely to move faster. also known as, america: we suck at lines.
- 2000 vs. 2010, an infographic.
- high society. a lovely infographics that break down drug data.
- bad science in movies. oh, star wars.
- why didn’t i invent this #479: rotating 360.
- 5 ridiculous things you probably believe about islam. they are quite ridiculous.
- 13 overlooked deaths of 2010
- busting (or not) ten myths about technology
- 10 beers with holiday spirit. you now know my wishlist for next year.
- lists: 2010. an aggregation of 2010 year-end lists. warning: time sink.
listen to this:
- in tall buildings – the way to a monster’s lair
- white hinterland – icarus
- james blake – limit to your love
- silje nes – the glass harp
- the echelon effect – defying gravity to reach you
- a movie laughter supercut that is balls to the wall insane.