weekly notes: november 05, 2010
check this out:
- peak break-up times on facebook. sometimes being horribly alone is not so bad.
- i can’t believe it’s not butter! better!. yes, i made a tired 20 year old joke.
- what’s your hipster score? i’m at -1. i can live with that. for those playing at home, that’s -2 for flannel and well-paying job and +1 for topsiders.
look at this:
- 5 decades of william albert allard. who?
- photos that look like impressionist paintings. the first one is especially pants-wetting.
- great migrations. fucking animals.
- shadow birds
- 5 ways words can control your mind. or less dramatically, 5 ways language dictates your thought process.
- 100 greatest cult restaurants in america. 7 in the top 20 from los angeles. we may not be very educated, but we know how to eat.
- your political preference vs. your sport of choice, i.e. the south is predominantly republican. shocker.
- an audience with brian eno.
listen to this:
- fleet foxes – ragged wood
- beach house – lover of mine
- boduf songs – things not to do on the sabbath
- deaf center – white lake
- olan mill – the prescribed individual