weekly notes: october 29, 2010
note this: two updates
first, the daily notes are now going to be weekly notes and are going to be posted once a week. and always on fridays. the daily notes weren’t daily anyway, so this should be fine.
second, i have roughly ten playlists sitting around in my queue so instead of releasing a podcast every two weeks, we are going back to a weekly format. so, we will be releasing a podcast every week. and it will always be released tuesday mornings, or tuesday afternoon for you folks on the east coast, or tuesday evenings for our european friends, or just check here if you’re from guam or something. no offense to our avid guamanian fanbase.
remember this: RIP Paul the Octopus
want this: pizza pops
- america’s smartest cities (come on los angeles, 31st? really?)
- if you use chrome, check out these cool features
- secret monopolies that run the world, oh no!
- tube-free toilet paper. my life is now complete.
look at this:
- my favorite halloween costume this year (i don’t have a thing for furries, i swear)
- human aquarium
- buzludzha monument, definitely tpr
- some of these forgotten bookmarks are a little tear jerking
- godspeed you! black coffee (as a proponent of both gy!be and black coffee, i support this)
- a US movie map that takes its liberties with actual geography (ehem Fargo, Minnesota?)
- post-punk alpacas
play with this:
- awesome traffic flow simulator (yes, i used the word awesome to describe traffic flow simulation. nerdout with me.)
- teleport to a random place in the world with mapcrunch
listen to this:
- brian eno – st. elmo’s fire
- laura veirs – shadow blues
- slow dancing society – the warm familiar smell of september
- el ten eleven – marriage is the new going steady
watch this: last minutes with oden (i don’t recommend watching this at work, because you will cry and it will be awkward)