weekly notes: december 17, 2010
year end lists:
- top 10 data visualization projects of 2010
- top 10 black listed movies of 2010
- top 20 internet lists of 2010
- top 30 most important cats of 2010
- top 10 of everything of 2010
check this out:
- apparently, the word “douche” was huge at the turn of the century. last century. whereas “hipster” was basically an invention of the 1950s.
- google skydiving. awesome.
- word lens, an app that translates any visual text in real time. awesome.
- google body browser. basically, google maps for the human body. awesome.
- who knew water droplets were so fucking awesome. awesome.
- an interesting visual way of multiplying
- apparently, only 17% of you are advanced readers. well, at least you’re smarter than justin bieber fans
- watson, future jeopardy champion extraordinaire.
look at this:
- the year in photos – part 1, part 2, and part 3
- most amazing science images of 2010
- the treehouse of adulthood. ughh, so depressing.
- facebook world map of friendships
- the niagara falls. with no water.
- where there’s a bridge, there should be this sign.
- hyper-realistic paintings that look like double-exposed photos
- google is abandoning caps lock. thank goodness.
- 5 ways porn created the modern world
- 10 works of literature that were really difficult to write
- the nba alphabetical. for any basketball fans out there.
- 50 dirtiest players in sports history. obviously, it’s quite us-centric.
listen to this:
- standby red 5 – iron vessels
- hammock – longest year
- brian mcbride – mélodrames télégraphiés (in b major 7th) part 1
- from monument to masses – an ounce of prevention
- do you love me (this song is completely unrelated to anything we’ve done on the show or blog so far, but it just sounds like a bizarro version of my childhood, so i just had to link it.)
- we’re not in kansas anymore. i’m making it my mission to never use that phrase again.
- grand theft mario bros.